Client Care Coordinator
STATUS – OPEN
Title: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Client Care Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
Location: Multiple Locations
Purpose of the Role:
Serve persons with mental health conditions, substance abuse issues and/or disabilities, responsible for day-to-day client interactions (face-to-face, telephone, email, etc.) and care coordination of assigned cases. Address immediate and emerging needs, set goals, resolve issues, advocate and connect clients to the needed resources such that their lives become stable, recovery centric and interactive (minimizing isolation).
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Upon assignment of a new client, contact the person, set appointment to come to CHOICE office for in-take meeting, and complete all required paperwork, proceeding within the required guidelines.
For all assigned cases:
- Set client goals.
- Align care activities with client goals.
- Monitor progress of goals, adjust care needs accordingly.
- Collect and enter data and notes accurately, thoroughly and timely, documenting activities and outcomes into case management systems.
- Plan and execute care activities in accordance with client goals and Medicare acuity rating, minimizing any potential issues with billing and reimbursement to the agency.
- Plan and utilize time so that needed outcomes for the client are achieved and completed within the amount of time allotted by their respective acuity rating. Proactively communicate with Client Care Supervisor on any emerging issues and needed adjustments.
- Connect with each assigned client minimally 1 x per month
- Review assigned case load with Client Care Supervisor 2 times per month to ensure effective case management (as noted above); make adjustments as needed.
- Acting as an advocate, develop productive and results oriented relationships with mission critical persons at outside organizations, such as (but not limited to): Dept. of Social Services, Mental Health Providers, Primary Care Physicians, Probation Officers, Legal Services, District Attorney’s Office, etc.
- Using the full capacity of one’s ongoing experience and training, demonstrate progressive ability to problem solve, advocate, mediate and handle increasingly complex tasks related to care coordination.
- Do not settle for “because that’s the way it has always been done”, rather be fearless in the pursuit of excellence and achieving the needed outcomes for our clients and the agency at large.
- Other activities as assigned.
Decision Making Authority:
Decisions regarding client care and case management are to be made with guidance and collaboration of the Client Care Supervisor to whom the Client Care Coordinator (CCC) is assigned. It is expected that the CCC will show an increasing ability to make decisions independently on routine matters as knowledge and experience progresses.
Internal: Client Care Supervisor, Program Director, other CCC’s
External: Dept. of Social Services, Mental Health Providers, Primary Care Physicians, Probation Officers, Legal Services, District Attorney’s Office, etc.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with some flexibility around client needs.
- Traditional office environment.
- Must be comfortable attending appointments at various agencies, facilities and client’s homes.
Physical Demands: Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and carry up to 20 lbs.
Mental and Visual Demands: Flow of work and nature of duties involve normal coordination of mind and eyes much of the time.
- Must be able to interact with persons having mental health issues, periods of instability (i.e. lack of shelter, food, clothing or support), recently released from an institution (i.e. hospital, prison), limited comprehension and/or ability to manage through complex scenarios
Qualifications for this Role:
- Proven ability to empathize with the clients we serve.
- Tenacity and passion for this work with the ability to balance objectivity with empathy.
- Computer literacy required.
- Valid Driver License required and a driving record that will permit the use of an Agency vehicle to transport clients to appointments or other activities as needed.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
To submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.