Outreach Coordinator Bilingual
STATUS – OPEN
Title: Outreach Coordinator Bilingual
Reports To: Outreach Supervisor
Opening For: English/Spanish & English/Arabic
Purpose of the Role:
Grow the agency’s client base through relationship building in the community and personal visit sites. Identify persons who currently do not have benefits (either have not applied or benefits have expired) or an agency affiliation. Through a one-on-one meeting, determine if the person can benefit from the support and services of CHOICE such that their lives will become stable, recovery centric and interactive (minimizing isolation).
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Identify and build relationships with organizations and individuals in places such as, but not limited to: hospitals, shelters, partner agencies, medical care clinics, mental health providers, soup kitchens, food pantries, associations dedicated to helping marginalized persons, etc., promoting and building awareness regarding CHOICE, its mission and services.
- Meet one-on-one with person needing services, screen to determine eligibility.
- Review with Outreach Supervisor (or appointed staff person) for final approval, persons that have been identified as a potential clients and can benefit from CHOICE.
- For persons eligible to receive benefits and become a client of CHOICE, remain in close partnership with them, monitoring the enrollment process, until in-take has been completed.
- Act as a support partner to a potential client, assisting them with their essential care relationships through the completion of the enrollment.
- Proactively report to Outreach Supervisor trends, relationships and developments in the field; track activity, clients and outcomes.
Qualifications for this Role:
- Proven ability to empathize with the clients we serve.
- Tenacity and passion for this work with the ability to balance objectivity with empathy.
- Proven ability to effectively engage staff and persons in shelters, soup kitchens, and other similar environments.
- Computer literacy required.
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, hours flexible.
To submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.