STATUS – NO CURRENT OPENINGS
Reports To: Director of Finance
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
Purpose of the Role:
To provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Answer telephones and transfer callers to the appropriate extension/voicemail. Also provide callers with company information such as, address, fax numbers, company website, etc.
- Greet and sign all visitors in.
- Receive, sort, and forward all mail to appropriate employees/offices.
- Create/maintain various Excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Disseminate information, such as meeting reminders, to All Staff via email.
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking, and distribution of office supplies.
- Provide assistance with photocopying, faxing, filing, and scanning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority:
Decisions regarding client intakes and administrative support are to be made with guidance and collaboration of the Program Director.
Internal: Intake Coordinators, Client Care Supervisors, Client Care Coordinators, various Directors.
External: Mental Health Providers, Primary Care Physicians, Probation Officers, Legal Services, District Attorney’s Office, etc.
- Traditional office environment.
- Must be comfortable operating standard office equipment such as photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, thin clients, and phones.
Must be able to carry up to 20 lbs.
Mental and Visual Demands:
Flow of work and nature of duties involve normal coordination of mind and eyes much of the time.
- Must be able to interact with persons having mental health issues, periods of instability (i.e. lack of shelter, food, clothing or support), recently released from an institution (i.e. hospital, prison), limited comprehension and/or ability to manage through complex scenarios.
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
Qualifications for this Roles:
- CHOICE is a peer organization. Persons who work on the team must have experience with (either directly, via an immediate family member or through work experience) a mental health condition, a period of hardship (i.e. homelessness, imprisonment) or a disability.
- Proven ability to empathize with the clients we serve.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Tenacity and passion for this work with the ability to balance objectivity with empathy.
- Computer literacy required – must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- HS Diploma or GED strongly required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.